Florida Spa Covers Warranty Information. Non-Prorated Five Year Warranty applies to the 5”x3”, 6”x4” and Walk- on spa covers 4”x2” taper spa covers are covered under a separate limited One Year Warranty.
Warranty for 5”x3”, 6”x4” and walk on spa covers in its entirety:
Limited 5 YEAR Warranty – We warrant insulating covers to the original purchaser to be free from defects in material workmanship, under normal usage, for a period of 5 years (60 months) from the date of delivery to the original consumer. Such limited warranty does not cover damages caused by animals, fire, vandalism, excessive chemicals, improper installation and strain, abuse or abrasion, acts of God or use for purposes other than that for which the cover was designed. See additional information for additional exclusions.
Foam inserts are covered for 5 years. Warranty of foam inserts is void if any holes have been found to puncture or penetrate either the outer covering or inner seal.
Any insulating cover deemed by us to have failed due to defects in materials or workmanship within five years (60 months) from date of purchase will be repaired or replaced, at our option, without charge for materials or labor. Damage or failure due to excess chemical use/abuse is not covered under the warranty.
Manufacturer will repair or replace at the manufacturer’s discretion any defects, if upon inspection by the manufacturer, it is determined to be covered by the warranty.
Implied Warranties: The only express warranties are set herein and any implied warranties, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purchase, are limited in duration to that of the expresses warranties. This warranty does not cover consequential damages or incidental damages including damage to property or injury arising for the use or inability to use this product. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential of incidental damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
Any expressed or implied warranty is limited in duration to 5 years (60 month) from the date of delivery to original purchaser-consumer. Seller shall not be liable for any incidental, consequential damages, or shipping/ freight charges associated with warranty claim. In all warranty cases and claims, the purchaser is responsible for all shipping/freight charges associated regardles of the date of purchase.
5 year limited warranty does NOT cover improper use or any of the following:
- 4”x2” taper spa covers
- Ordinary wear and tear, chemical breakdown of materials and de-lamination are not considered to be a defect in workmanship or material.
- Damage due to excessive chemicals in the water or contact with other chemicals on the cover (this includes the use of Armor All).
- Seam / hinge splitting, torn handles and torn skirts are not considered a defect in workmanship or material.
Handles and tie downs/wind straps are for the sole purpose of opening, closing and securing the cover. Neither are intended to be used to carry or remove cover from the spa/hot tub.
- Warping of foam inserts due to excessive heat and/or sun exposure or by storing items on top of the cover.
- Wearing holes in spa cover by storing against sharp objects or dragging on any surface.
- Foam damage caused by sitting, lying or walking on spa cover or by placing anything on the cover
- Foam breakage or tearing of vinyl (hot tub and spa covers are not intended to be walked, stood, or sat upon, or any excessive weight caused by rain, water, snow, animals, or any other acts of God.
- Fading of vinyl and thread is not considered a defect and will naturally occur due to normal chemical maintenance, exposure to the elements and aging but with proper care can be prevented.
- Damage caused by improper installation or during transportation.
- Any damage resulting from any misuse, abuse, negligence, acts of God, accident or alteration, (i.e. cover lifts, animals and excessive weight or wind).
- Freight or shipping charges associated with warranty replacement either to or from manufacturing facility.
- Spa Covers Are Water Resistant, but not waterproof.
Contact Florida Spa Covers at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain instructions on where to present the defective or failed cover. A copy of the original bill of sale showing date of purchase, a copy of the warranty certificate and a photo or photos clearly showing the claimed defect MUST be presented in order to obtain warranty service.
Product DISCLAIMER – Don’t walk, sit, stand, or play on the cover, never swim or play under the cover.
The BASIC (4″-2″) spa cover is designed for indoor use and is ONLY WARRANTED FOR INDOOR USE. USE of this cover outdoors voids the warranty. Further, the BASIC spa cover has the following restrictions: 1 Year Warranty Term (Warranted for INDOOR USE only)